Here are a few links that we hope might be of use if you are looking for addictions help.
To get addictions help from Addictions Counselling Nottingham contact Addictions Counselling Nottingham, please see the contact page or call 07802 767462, we offer a free no obligation initial consultation
Sources of Addictions help both national and some more local to Nottingham
- Counselling Services Nottingham – Our partner organisation
- Soberistas – Soberistas is a worldwide community of friendly, non-judgmental people, all helping each other to kick the booze and stay sober
- GamCare – UK organisation that offers help and assistance in relation to gambling addictions and gambling problems
- The Samaritans – 24-hour emotional support
- Addiction – NHS – Some good information on addictions from the NHS including some links to further information
- Andrew Harvey, Therapist, professional registration details – BACP Register of members included on the Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register
- BBC Radio list of helplines – Useful page with lots of helplines and websites
- ITV List of helplines and websites – Useful page with lots of links to Sex addiction and Pornography addiction help
- Counselling Services Nottingham on Facebook – Counselling Services Nottingham Facebook Page, news and interesting information
- Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals – Andrew Harvey addictions therapist and counsellor is a member of the Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals
- SMART Recovery Peer Support SMART recover, offers support for addictive behaviors and substance misuse. This site has some good “tools” available on it.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – 12 Step based mutual aid group.
- Cocaine Anonymous (CA) – 12 Step based mutual aid group.
- Drug Addicts Anonymous (DAA) – 12 Step based mutual aid group.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – 12 Step based mutual aid group.
- Smart Recovey – Tool Chest, some very good addiction recovery tools.
- Counselling in Stoke on Trent – Experienced and fully qualified addictions counsellor and therapist in Stoke On Trent
Sex and Pornography addictions help and recovery resources
- Your Brain On Porn Website – This link takes you to a video explaining some of the brain science related to addiction and pornography addiction in particular.
- Sex Addiction Help – with downloadable workbook. An excellent resource and I have used this workbook with a number of clients with positive results.
- Support for Porn Addiction Excellent site with lots of resources and information, including an online forum with peer support.
- Sex Addiction Anonymous –12 Step Fellowship site. Local meetings and information. (Sex addiction)
- Porn Addiction Anonymous – 12 Step Fellowship site. Local meetings and information. (Porn addiction)
- NHS Information – NHS information pertaining to Sex and Love Addiction.
- Porn Free Radio Porn Free Radio Podcast – available for free on I-tunes, a massive and worthwhile resource.
Mutual aid groups for relatives, friends and others affected by someone’s drug/alcohol use
- Al-Anon – Al-Anon Family Groups provide support to anyone whose life is, or has been, affected by someone else’s drinking.
- Families Anonymous (FA) – A worldwide fellowship of family members and friends affected by another’s abuse of mind-altering substances or related behavioural problems.